Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Family First Forever

Family First Forever
Novel: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Movie moments
The huge wooden house, which contradicts with the bright green surrounding, sits alone in the middle of the chocolate garden—this marks the happy ending of the movie. Charlie, who brought his entire family to the chocolate factory, runs about the chocolate garden as though he is the owner, picking chocolate fruits and all the amazingly decorated chocolates he find. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, in my opinion, is the most amazing movie I have watched several times, not only for its greatly animated pictures, but also for Charlie, my role model.
As an Asian child, I grew up in a family that put family members as a priority in any situation. However, I did not like it as I had to give up a lot of my personal interest just for my family, and I thought no one would ever do that. It wasn’t until the release of the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that I changed my view completely.
Before the release of the movie—which was when I was in 5th grade—I became impatient about the movie. I have read the book so many times that my expectation of the movie grew to the extent that I would draw cartoons of the characters in the movie, and paste it all over my wall. Finally the movie was released, and the kids in my grade started to talk about how awesome the movie was in accordance to the chocolate garden, and how they wished they were there. Strangely, instead of noticing the same thing as them, I just remembered about how Charlie was willing to give up staying in the factory just to be with his family members. Also, when the movie focused mainly on the other characters, such as Veronica, and Augustus who got what they want despite the protest from their parents, in my mind, I went “they are so selfish! I never want to be like them”. Of all those characters, Charlie stood out the most, and he has influenced me so great that I always tried my best to bring happiness to my family.
This book and movie has made me read more of Road Dahl’s books that has Charlie as the main character. Not only that, this movie gives me great memories about my childhood when I did anything I could to make my parents happy, but also explains how until now, family is always the top of my list no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment